So You Wanna Be a Wardrobe Stylist?
We're kicking off the summer and sharing all the secrets of the trade with our Business of Wardrobe Styling 2.0 Workshop on Saturday June 10. Always wanted a career as a wardrobe stylist, but had no idea where to start? This is for you. This full-day workshop will walk you through the do’s and don’ts of working as a professional wardrobe stylist.
Our 2.0 version of this workshop will give you a hands-on experience styling a professional photoshoot with notable fashion photographer Aaron Pedersen. You'll see what it's like to work with an editorial team, dress a model and style on-set. Each student will be provided with an image from their shoot to include in their portfolio and jumpstart their career!
You'll also hear from industry professionals: Designer, Malorie Urbanovitch; Fashion Photographer, Tina Chang; and Personal Stylist, Marie Zydek during an afternoon panel and network with some of the best in the Alberta.
What you'll learn:
- The variety of different careers available in wardrobe styling
- How to get your foot in the door as a stylist
- Styling kit must haves
- How to source wardrobe for styling projects
- How to navigate a photo shoot
- The process of personal one-on-one styling
- How to price your services and create contracts