Join the team!
Full-time Position: Public Relations Lead
Who We Are
Publicity Room is a small, but mighty team of public relations pros based in Edmonton, Canada. We are dedicated to working with fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands who are building products and services that have positive social impact. If you want to make the world a better place, we want to work with you. In fact, we want to shout about you from the rooftops. Our mission is to capture more attention for brands with a mission. The other guys have had their five minutes of fame.
What We Do
We build creative PR strategies to connect brands with new customers and strengthen relationships with current ones. We garner high-profile press coverage, design meaningful collaborations, craft buzz worthy influencer campaigns, and plan Instagram-worthy events. We're your biggest cheerleaders.
Overview of Position | Does this Describe You?
The PR Lead is a creative seasoned public relations practitioner who can confidently craft and execute PR strategies for a variety of clients in the fashion, beauty, arts, food and lifestyle sectors. You get major joy out of seeing deserving brands and people bask in their moment in the spotlight and you genuinely want to support them to reach their goals and maybe even change the world! You love coming up with BIG ideas and then figuring out how to make them come to life. You thrive in an environment where you get to wear many hats and move quickly between projects and clients in a busy, electric atmosphere. You're confident in your skillset, in decision-making, and dedicated to providing value to each and every client.
Overview of Responsibilities
On-boarding and and off-boarding clients and projects
Meeting and communicating with clients on projects and strategies
Cleary understanding client PR goals and identifying PR packages, services and tactics to support these goals
Developing, recommending, and executing PR strategies and tactics to meet client goals
Writing press releases and compiling media kits
Pitching traditional media outlets and journalists and coordinating media placements both local and national
Media tracking and reporting to clients
Developing and executing meaningful online influencer campaigns
General copywriting for marketing purposes
Delivering a consistent experience for every client that provides value and support in a meaningful way
Caring for clients and making them feel heard, cared for and “delighted” with their results.
Ensuring projects are completed on time and promises kept
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum of three years experience working in a media relations, communications or public relations role.
- Education in communications, marketing or public relations is an asset.
- A proven track record of secured media coverage in both Edmonton media and national media outlets.
- A proven track record of executing successful PR tactics including influencer campaigns, media outreach strategies and event concepts
- Knowledge of Canadian movers and shakers in the lifestyle field including influencers, brands and thought leaders.
- An extremely confident communicator. You can easily distill information and deliver it efficiently and with a smile. You’re not afraid to pick-up the phone and you enjoy meeting new people.
- Social media savvy. You have a firm understanding of the major platforms and how to strategically use them to tell a brand's story.
- You like brainstorming, problem solving, and working with a team, but also able to put your head down and do the work.
- You’re a pro at crafting concise, well-formatted emails. Your email subject lines are masterpieces.
- You are cool, calm and collected and able to problemsolve confidently when needed.
- You are high-energy and have a positive, cheerful demeanor.
Some of the Perks of Working at Publicity Room
- Our core values are kindness, creativity and freedom and we integrate these into every thing we do. We are a positive and energetic team passionate about our work and the success of those we work with.
- Regular office hours are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday with half-hour of flex time from 9-9:30am. This flex time means you don't have to panic if you sleep in, miss the bus or want to grab a coffee on your way into work. Please note you will be required on occasion to work some evenings, early mornings and weekends for client events or media interviews.
- The last Friday of every month is "Work From Home Day"! A chance to blast through your to-do's in your pyjamas.
- All employees enjoy four weeks of paid vacation per year and health benefits.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the following in your application:
- Cover Letter
- Media clippings or links to media coverage you have secured
- A press release writing sample
- A sample media pitch writing sample
- Case study of a PR strategy or campaign you have executed
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Position will remain open until the ideal candidate is found.